Hidden securely behind the gate at Outerbridge Drive and Parade Road (Route 106) in Laconia, South Down Shores is a scenic and private gated community with 490 properties spread across 265 acres and nineteen distinctive condominium villages.
This immaculately-landscaped community adjoins the 18-hole golf course at Laconia Country Club, boasts an amazing 3,000 feet of shoreline on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire’s largest and most famous lake, and offers amenities and activities for everyone including:
- a private white sandy beach on Paugus Bay for the exclusive enjoyment of South Down Shores residents and their guests the South Down Boat Club, which offers forty boat slips (ten of which are dedicated to the Boat Club’s use), forty moorings, and 218 dry berth racks serviced by an oversized forklift (it’s like having the convenience of valet parking for your boat) scenic open spaces, breathtaking landscaping and spectacular lake and mountain views an elaborate system of walking and cross country skiing trails located throughout the community
- a children's playground with swings, a slide, spring animals and a merry-go-round an attractive clubhouse at the water’s edge, next to the association beach
- abundant waterfront Adirondack chairs for relaxing and enjoying the views two tennis courts, a basketball court and a sand volleyball court bocce courts on the green belt near the beach area
- ponds (including a winter skating pond)
- clubs for a variety of interests including (but not limited to): gardening and landscaping, restaurant dining, knitting and crocheting, and playing bridge and Mahjongg
In addition to a wide variety of amenities and activities for the whole family, South Down Shores offers nineteen unique villages and single family homes designed to offer a wide variety of architectural styles and price points.
For example, consider Hamptons Village, which is comprised of 15 homes on 19 lots situated on nearly ten acres of land bordered by woodlands, a stream, a walking trail and a snowmobile trail.
Clustered around three circles, the homes in Hamptons Village feature distinctive decorative trim, board and batten siding, and outdoor living areas including balconies, porches, decks and patios. Hamptons Village homes have been sited to maximize the feeling of privacy, and all offer attached garages.
One of those homes, located at 37 Hampton Court, is presently listed for sale (MLS# 4701004). This 1,753 square foot three bedroom, three bath detached condominium home features a spacious, well-lit, dine-in kitchen with abundant windows, stainless appliances, and a pantry. The home’s peaceful sunroom adjoins the comfortable living room with gas fireplace, the kitchen, and an outdoor patio perfect for grilling and entertaining. For just $339,900, 37 Hampton Court also includes a 28 foot dry berth rack (think valet parking for your boat), an attached one-car garage and numerous updates.
The master bedroom features an en suite bathroom and a deck that would be a fine spot for sipping your morning coffee while trying to decide if you’d rather lay in the beach, go for a walk, take the boat out for spin, or go golfing next door.
If you’re seeking a primary residence or vacation home that offers waterfront amenities and the best in Lakes Region living, definitely consider South Down Shores. This glorious lakeside gated community is perfect for boating enthusiasts, offers abundant amenities and activities for family and guests, is located adjacent to golfing, and is just fifteen minutes from Gunstock Mountain Resort.
And if you’d like to see 37 Hampton Court, contact me right away, while it’s still available. In this market, attractive, affordable properties like this one can be snapped up very quickly!